Welcome to my site. I am a licensed psychologist who has been practicing psychotherapy with adults and couples in Santa Monica since 1983. My website is designed to provide you with information to help you make a more informed choice in your search for the right therapist. I am also available for an introductory phone consultation, at no charge, to respond to any specific questions you may have.
My practice focuses on the following problems and areas for growth:
- Depression, mood instability, and mood swings
- Anxiety, panic attacks, worry, and obsessional thinking
- Trauma and Loss
- Sex addiction and other compulsive or addictive behaviors (alcohol, drugs, gambling)
- Problems with anger
- Over-sensitivity and emotional reactivity
- Couples who are struggling with fixed and repetitive conflict, poor communication, emptiness and boredom, not feeling valued by one another, sexual problems, and a lack of spontaneity and passion
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increasing assertiveness and relating more effectively with others
- Creating and sustaining intimate relationships
Therapy is a collaborative process that always respects the needs, working pace, and goals of each person. Valuable feedback from a perspective outside of ourselves, and the wisdom discovered together lead us to new ways of seeing ourselves and our world. This new experience can bring the change we desire.